The KTM Duke 250 is a popular street naked bike that has gained a lot of popularity in Nepal. It is powered by a 248.8cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that produces 29.91 bhp of power at 9,000 rpm and 24 Nm of torque at 7,500 rpm. The bike has a six-speed transmission and comes equipped with ABS as standard.
The KTM Duke 250 is a popular choice among motorcycle enthusiasts in Nepal. It is a powerful bike that offers a balance of performance, style, and functionality. In this article, we will provide an in-depth review of the KTM Duke 250, based on its performance, price in Nepal, design, features, ride quality, and value for money.
- Main Impressions
- Durability & Reliability
- User Experience
- Maintenance & Repair
- Safety features
- Price in Nepal
- Complete Specifications
- Good & Bad Points
Main Impressions of Duke 250 in Nepal
One of the main impressions of the Duke 250 in Nepal is that it is great value for money. It offers a lot of features and performance at a relatively affordable price point compared to other bikes in its category. The bike is also known for its agile handling, which makes it easy to ride in the city and on twisty roads.
The Duke 250 has also received positive reviews for its styling, which is aggressive and sporty. The bike features a split headlamp, a sharp tank design, and a compact tail section. The build quality is also said to be good, with high-quality components used throughout.
Overall, the Duke 250 has been well received in Nepal, and it is a popular choice among young riders who are looking for a fun and affordable street naked bike.
The Duke 250 is powered by a liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, 4-stroke engine with a displacement of 248.8 cc. The engine has a bore and stroke of 72 mm x 61.1 mm and a compression ratio of 12.5:1. It is equipped with an electronic fuel injection system that delivers fuel to the engine.
The engine produces a maximum power output of 29.91 bhp at 9,000 rpm and a peak torque of 24 Nm at 7,500 rpm. The power is transmitted to the rear wheel via a six-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch.
The engine is equipped with a DOHC (double overhead camshaft) configuration, which helps to improve the engine’s performance and efficiency. The engine is also equipped with a counterbalance shaft, which reduces vibrations and improves rider comfort.
The bike also features a side-mounted exhaust that helps to improve the bike’s center of gravity and handling. The exhaust is also designed to meet the latest emission standards.
Overall, the Duke 250’s engine is known for its good performance, smooth power delivery, and efficiency. It is a well-engineered motor that offers a good balance between power and fuel economy.
Check Also: Pulsar 220 Price in Nepal
The KTM Duke 250 has an aggressive and sporty design that sets it apart from other bikes in its category. The bike features a split headlamp design with a sharp and edgy front fascia that gives it a distinctive look. The headlamps are LED units that provide good visibility in low-light conditions.
The fuel tank has a capacity of 13.5 liters and features sharp, angular lines that complement the bike’s overall design. The tank is also sculpted to provide a comfortable riding position and better grip for the rider.
The bike has a trellis frame design that is made of high-strength steel, which provides good rigidity and handling. The frame is painted in orange, which is a signature color for KTM bikes.
The Duke 250 features a compact tail section with a sleek LED tail light and an under-seat exhaust. The bike also has a high-mounted rear fender that complements the bike’s overall design.
The bike has a sporty riding position with a slightly forward-leaning posture that provides good control and comfort for the rider. The handlebars are wide and positioned for an aggressive riding stance.
Overall, the Duke 250’s design is focused on performance and functionality. The bike has a sharp and edgy design that reflects its sporty character, and it is built to provide good handling, control, and rider comfort.
Check Also: Duke 250 Price in Nepal
The KTM Duke 250 is designed to provide a comfortable riding experience for the rider. The bike features a sporty riding position that is slightly forward-leaning, but still comfortable for long rides. The handlebars are wide and positioned for good control and a comfortable grip.
The seat is designed to provide good support and comfort for the rider, with firm but not too hard padding. The seat height is 830 mm, which is suitable for most riders.
The bike’s suspension system is also designed for a comfortable ride. The front suspension is a WP inverted telescopic fork, while the rear suspension is a WP mono-shock. Both the front and rear suspension systems are adjustable, allowing the rider to fine-tune the suspension to their preferences.
The bike is also equipped with a slipper clutch, which reduces the effort required to operate the clutch and provides smoother downshifts, which can contribute to a more comfortable ride.
The bike’s instrument cluster is also designed to be easy to read and informative, with a digital display that shows speed, gear position, fuel level, and other information.
Overall, the Duke 250 is designed to provide a comfortable riding experience for the rider, with a focus on good ergonomics, suspension, and other features that contribute to rider comfort.
Check Also: FZ V2 Price in Nepal
Durability & Reliability
The KTM Duke 250 is built to be a durable and reliable motorcycle. The bike features high-quality components and is built to withstand the demands of regular use. The bike’s frame is made of high-strength steel, which provides good rigidity and durability.
The engine is also designed to be durable and reliable, with a focus on efficiency and performance. The engine is equipped with a counterbalance shaft that reduces vibrations and improves reliability.
The bike’s suspension system is also built to be durable and reliable, with high-quality components and adjustable settings. The bike’s brakes are also designed to be durable, with a four-piston radial fixed caliper on the front wheel and a single-piston floating caliper on the rear wheel.
The bike is also equipped with advanced electronics, including ABS and traction control, which improve the bike’s safety and reliability.
KTM has a reputation for building durable and reliable motorcycles, and the Duke 250 is no exception. The bike is backed by a comprehensive warranty and service network, which provides peace of mind to the owner.
Overall, the Duke 250 is built to be a durable and reliable motorcycle that can withstand regular use and provide a satisfying ownership experience.
Check Also: Redmi Note 10 Pro Price in Nepal
The KTM Duke 250 is designed to provide a fun and engaging riding experience for the rider. The bike’s sporty design, performance, and handling contribute to a thrilling ride that is both exciting and satisfying.
The bike’s responsive engine provides good power delivery, allowing the rider to easily accelerate and overtake other vehicles on the road. The bike’s six-speed gearbox also offers smooth and precise shifts, adding to the rider’s control and confidence.
The bike’s suspension system provides good handling and control, with adjustable settings that allow the rider to fine-tune the bike’s performance to their preferences. The bike’s brakes also provide good stopping power, with advanced ABS technology that enhances the bike’s safety and control.
The bike’s ergonomics are also designed to be comfortable for the rider, with a sporty riding position that is still comfortable for long rides. The bike’s seat provides good support and the handlebars are positioned for good control and a comfortable grip.
The bike’s advanced electronics, including ABS and traction control, enhance the bike’s safety and control, giving the rider more confidence and control on the road.
Overall, the KTM Duke 250 offers a fun and engaging riding experience that is both thrilling and satisfying. The bike’s performance, handling, and advanced electronics, combined with its comfortable ergonomics, contribute to a memorable ownership experience for the rider.
Check Also: Ns 200 Price in Nepal
Maintenance & Repair
The KTM Duke 250 is designed to be a low-maintenance motorcycle, with high-quality components and materials that are built to last. However, like any motorcycle, it will require periodic maintenance and occasional repairs to keep it in good condition.
KTM recommends regular maintenance intervals for the Duke 250, including oil changes, filter replacements, and inspections of the brakes, suspension, and other components. These maintenance tasks can be performed by a qualified mechanic or by the owner, following the manufacturer’s guidelines.
The bike’s advanced electronics, including ABS and traction control, may require periodic software updates, which can be performed by a KTM dealer or service center.
In the event of a repair, the Duke 250 is designed to be easy to work on, with good access to the engine, transmission, and other components. KTM dealers and service centers are equipped with the tools and knowledge to perform repairs and service on the Duke 250.
KTM offers a comprehensive warranty on the Duke 250, which covers defects in materials and workmanship for a specified period of time. The warranty also covers certain repairs and services, depending on the terms of the warranty.
Overall, the Duke 250 is designed to be a low-maintenance motorcycle that is easy to service and repair when necessary. KTM’s network of dealers and service centers provides support and expertise to owners, helping to ensure that the bike remains in good condition and performs well over time.
Check Also: Redmi Note 11 pro 5G Price in Nepal
The KTM Duke 250 is equipped with a range of advanced safety features to help keep the rider safe on the road. Here are some of the key safety features:
- ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System): The Duke 250 is equipped with a Bosch 9.1 MB two-channel ABS system, which helps to prevent the wheels from locking up during braking. This system helps to ensure that the bike remains stable and under control during emergency braking situations.
- Traction Control: The Duke 250 also comes with an advanced traction control system, which helps to prevent wheel spin and loss of traction during acceleration. This system helps to ensure that the bike remains stable and under control on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- LED Lights: The Duke 250 is equipped with LED headlights, which provide better visibility and illumination compared to traditional halogen lights. The bike’s LED tail light and turn signals also help to improve visibility and safety on the road.
- Steel Trellis Frame: The Duke 250’s high-strength steel trellis frame provides good rigidity and durability, which helps to ensure that the bike remains stable and safe on the road.
- High-Quality Brakes: The Duke 250 features high-quality brakes, including a four-piston radial fixed caliper on the front wheel and a single-piston floating caliper on the rear wheel. These brakes provide good stopping power and control, helping to ensure that the bike remains safe and under control on the road.
Overall, the KTM Duke 250 is equipped with a range of advanced safety features that help to ensure that the rider remains safe and in control on the road. These safety features contribute to a safer and more enjoyable riding experience for the owner.
Check Also: Pulsar 150 Price in Nepal
Duke 250 Price & Availability in Nepal
KTM Duke 250 Price in Nepal can vary depending on factors such as location, taxes, and other fees. As of March 2023, the estimated price of the KTM Duke 250 in Nepal is NPR 7,84,900.
Regarding financing options, banks and financial institutions in Nepal may offer loans for purchasing a KTM Duke 250, and the terms and conditions of financing can vary depending on the lender and the applicant’s creditworthiness.
As for availability, the KTM Duke 250 is a popular motorcycle in Nepal and is generally available at KTM dealerships and authorized resellers. However, availability may vary depending on location and demand.
It’s important to note that prices, financing options, and availability can change over time, so it’s best to check with a local KTM dealership or authorized reseller for the latest information.
Complete Specifications of Duke 250 in Nepal
- Type: Single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 248.8 cc
- Maximum Power: 30 PS @ 9,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 24 Nm @ 7,500 rpm
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Transmission: 6-speed, claw shifted
Check Also: Pulsar 220 Price in Nepal
- Frame: Steel Trellis Frame
- Front Suspension: WP Suspension Upside-Down Forks, 43 mm
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock
- Front Brake: 300 mm Disc Brake with Four-piston Radial Fixed Caliper
- Rear Brake: 230 mm Disc Brake with Single-piston Floating Caliper
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (Two Channel ABS)
Dimensions and Weight:
- Overall Length: 2,010 mm
- Overall Width: 725 mm
- Overall Height: 1,125 mm
- Ground Clearance: 185 mm
- Seat Height: 830 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,357 mm
- Kerb Weight: 161 kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.5 liters
Wheels and Tires:
- Front Tire: 110/70 R17 M/C 54H Tubeless
- Rear Tire: 150/60 R17 M/C 66H Tubeless
- Front Wheel: 3.00 x 17″ Aluminum Cast Wheel
- Rear Wheel: 4.00 x 17″ Aluminum Cast Wheel
- LED Headlight and Taillight
- Digital Instrument Cluster
- Adjustable Clutch and Brake Levers
- Split Seats
- Steel Tank with Powder Coating and Decals
- Aluminum Swingarm
Check Also: MT 15 Price in Nepal
Good & Bad Points of Duke 250 in Nepal
Here are some good and bad points of the KTM Duke 250 in Nepal:
- Powerful Engine: The KTM Duke 250 is equipped with a powerful 248.8 cc engine that delivers 30 PS of power and 24 Nm of torque, making it a highly capable motorcycle for both city and highway riding.
- Agile Handling: The Duke 250’s steel trellis frame and aluminum swingarm, coupled with WP suspension and grippy tires, make it highly agile and easy to handle, especially in traffic and tight corners.
- Stylish Design: The Duke 250’s aggressive and modern design, featuring a split LED headlight, steel tank with powder coating and decals, and sharp lines, is eye-catching and appealing to many riders.
- Advanced Features: The Duke 250 comes with advanced features such as a digital instrument cluster, adjustable clutch and brake levers, and Bosch 9.1 MP two-channel ABS, making it a technologically advanced motorcycle.
- Good Fuel Economy: The Duke 250 is fuel-efficient, with a reported mileage of around 35-40 km/l, making it an economical choice for everyday riding.
- High Price: The KTM Duke 250 is relatively expensive compared to other motorcycles in its class, which may make it less accessible to some riders.
- Uncomfortable Seat: Some riders may find the Duke 250’s seat uncomfortable on long rides, as it is relatively firm and lacks padding.
- No Slipper Clutch: The Duke 250 does not have a slipper clutch, which may make downshifting at high speeds or in slippery conditions challenging.
- Limited Storage Space: The Duke 250 does not have much storage space, which may make it inconvenient for riders who need to carry luggage or other items.
These are some good and bad points of the KTM Duke 250 in Nepal, but it’s essential to note that these points are subjective and may vary from rider to rider.
Check also: Yamaha Bike Price in Nepal
Overall, the KTM Duke 250 is a powerful and agile motorcycle that offers advanced features and a stylish design. Its fuel economy and advanced features make it a great choice for everyday riding, and its handling and performance make it a fun and exciting ride. However, it does have some drawbacks, including its high price, uncomfortable seat, and limited storage space. Ultimately, whether the Duke 250 is a good choice for a rider in Nepal will depend on their individual preferences and needs.
The latest March 2023 price of KTM Duke 250 in Nepal is NPR 7,84,900.
The KTM Duke 250 comes equipped with features such as a slipper clutch, LCD instrument cluster, LED headlight, and taillight, advanced safety features like Bosch 9MB two-channel ABS, and a powerful 248.8 cc engine.
The KTM Duke 250 delivers a maximum power of 30 hp and a maximum torque of 24 Nm.
The fuel capacity of the KTM Duke 250 is 13.4 liters.
The weight of the KTM Duke 250 is 161 kg.
The KTM Duke 250’s sporty riding position and relatively small fuel tank make it less suitable for long-distance touring.
The availability of KTM spare parts and maintenance services in Nepal may be limited due to the brand’s limited availability in the country.
The KTM Duke 250 comes with a 2-year or 30,000 km warranty, whichever comes first.
The KTM Duke 250 can reach a top speed of 130 km/h.
The KTM Duke 250 has a single-seat configuration and is designed for one rider.